Check out this beautiful footage of our church facility, and come find your place.
We are Protestant Christians that belong to a denomination known as The United Methodist Church. The mission of the UMC is to “make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.”
Here’s how we do that at Marshall UMC…
Our hope for the future lies in the transformation of the world that will occur as we love everyone, everywhere.
Our mission is to “Follow Jesus, Change the world”
– we are committed to opening the building as a space for grace in our community, as a hub for ministry where all God’s people can build relationships
– we are committed to serving God and neighbor in body, mind, spirit
– we are committed to growth in the body of Christ through bible study, fellowship, prayer, worship
– we are committed to being faithful stewards of our resources (time, talent, treasure) for the advancement of the kingdom of God
– we are committed to including all people in the body of Christ
Rev. Erin Fitzgerald arrived at MUMC in July 2021 (For more information, and to read her appointment letter CLICK HERE) and jumped right in as our Senior Pastor. Erin is a progressive, reconciling pastor who is ready to embrace all people with the gift of God's amazing love. She is passionate about children and family ministries, outreach, and worship. She is a graduate of Albion College (2008) and Vanderbilt Divinity School (2012). Erin is married to Joel, and they have two young children. In her spare time, Erin enjoys being with her family, kayaking, yoga, and creative writing.
Contact Pastor Erin if you have questions about membership.
- I believe in God, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and receive and accept the Christian faith as contained in the Bible.
- I am willing to turn away from my sins, claim Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, and put my whole trust in His grace.
- I accept the freedom and power that God gives me to lead a holy life. I will be a faithful member of Christ’s Church and a witness to His love. I will honor the Rule of Christ (Matthew 18) and work for reconciliation in times of conflict or discord.
- I will be loyal to Jesus through MUMC and faithfully participate in its ministries through my prayers, presence, gifts, service, and witness.
- I will support the leadership of the church through my prayers and by participating in the vision and using my time, talent, treasure to fulfill the mission.